Virtual Science Camp
Walden West Virtual Science Camp is being offered to 5th and 6th grade classes and will include both online and asynchronous lessons with the Walden West staff.
Please contact our main office (408) 573-3050 for availability or if you have questions.
Virtual Science Camp details:
- 5-day program - $500 per classroom of 36 students max.
- 4-day program - $400 per classroom of 36 students max (only offered on weeks with a holiday)
- We will omit the nutrient cycle lesson.
- Walden West journals for all students (teachers will pick these up at Walden West in Saratoga).
- Five 1-hour online lessons with the Walden West staff (1 hour a day for 5 days; times are flexible, at teacher's discretion).
- Five at-home (asynchronous) lessons that correspond with the online lessons for students to complete on their own. These lessons are optional and assigned at the classroom teacher's discretion.
- Walden West staff will provide their classroom teachers with a Zoom link to the online class. Teachers can then distribute the link to their students.
- At this time, Zoom is the platform that Walden West staff will present on. It has proven to have the best connectivity on both the presenter end and student/teacher end, and has the best features to ensure a high-quality program.
- Teachers will be made co-hosts for the online lessons to help moderate the students.
- Virtual Science Camp Merchandise Order Form – Students need to turn in this completed form with payment to their classroom teacher 2 weeks before their session.
- Since students are not able to participate in our "Low Food Waste" challenges, through virtual camp we are offering the "Eco-Action Challenge Club"! Teachers can encourage their classes to get involved doing environmentally sustainable practices at home to earn points. If each student in their class earns 50 points or more, they will receive a certificate and be recognized on the official Eco-Action Challenge Club Online Plaque! Click the link to see our challenge club winners!