Summer Camp Volunteer Counselors
Walden West Summer Camp offers many great volunteer opportunities all summer long. Each volunteer position provides training and experience working with peers, group management, child safety, and more. Be a part of creating something special with your time this summer.
The summer counselor program is a leadership opportunity that encourages and emotional maturity, builds personal growth and respect for others. Counselors work with elementary to middle school aged children through structured group time and fun free play. Summer camp counselors gain valuable life skills such as becoming responsible for themselves and others, learning effective communication and being open to new and exciting ideas. This program provides opportunities for the counselors to lead and grow as an individual, as well as make a difference in a child’s life.
Parents and volunteer counselors check back here for helpful information on our camp policies and program times.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (408) 573-3053 with questions.
Information and Prerequisites:
- Previous involvement in any of our SUMMER programs as either a camper or summer counselor is preferred but not required accept for Mentors
- Continue your time with camp by providing mentorship to those who follow in your footsteps. The Mentor Program is designed to utilize counselor’s lessons and experiences to guide the next generation to be the best counselors possible. While training to be a mentor you will get your own guidance and insight to the work in creating the wonderful environment for our summer camp.
- Be motivated and have a positive, respectful, patient and caring attitude
- Must apply, be invited to an interview, attend interview, orientation and all mandatory trainings
- Entering grades 10-12 up to 23 years old
- Volunteer counselors will be assigned a maximum of four (4) weeks as needed by program
- WOW Camp will be limited to one (1) week per counselor unless needed
- Mentors selected by staff based on experience (prior experience at camp recommended, preference given to those who take the initiative and express interest)
- Must be available for the entire assigned program hours Monday-Friday for the week (check program schedule before committing to volunteer)
- If you are 17 and older, please read: those currently 18 or WILL TURN 18 between June 10 - August 10, 2019 you MUST pass a background check (fingerprinting) BEFORE the start of the summer camp program (more information to follow)
- Complete the 2019 Summer Camp Volunteer Counselor Application and Supplemental Questions (Friday, March 8 and closes Sunday, March 31)
- Complete the 2019 Summer Camp Mentor Application and Supplemental Questions (Friday, March 8 and closes Sunday, March 31)
Summer Volunteer Counselor Interview/Orientation (information and link to sign up will be emailed to those who apply by April 1). Interviews to be held April 8-12 and April 15-18 from 3 to 6 pm at Walden West, Saratoga campus.
Volunteers will receive confirmation emails for summer counselor positions with their assigned week(s) and program(s) by April 19.