Summer Camp Volunteer Counselors
Walden West Summer Camp offers many great volunteer opportunities all summer long. These opportunities create lasting memories and prepare young people to be successful stewards of the future. Each volunteer position provides training and experience working with peers, group management, child safety, and more. Please read below for more information.
- Previous Walden West Summer Camp Program participation
- Be at least 15 years of age or be a Walden West Leaders in Training graduate
- Be motivate and have a positive, respectful, patient, and caring attitude
- Receive an invitation to apply by email, a Walden West Summer Camp Volunteer Application, the link to schedule an interview/orientation, and a Registration Packet
- Complete all required paperwork and bring with you to your scheduled interview date
- Attend your scheduled counselor interview and orientation date/time
Receive your assigned week(s) and program(s) by email in early June
- Bring your completed application and registration packet
- Please arrive on time for your scheduled interview/orientation
- Plan for about an hour for your interview/orientation
Volunteers 18 years and older:
- Previously fingerprinted volunteer counselors (within the last two years) will not need to reprint
- 18 years old before June 5th - schedule a no-cost Live Scan fingerprinting/background check at the Santa Clara County Office of Education. Please call 408-453-4305 to schedule over the phone. Let them know you will be printing for Walden West Summer Camp.
- Turning 18 years old after June 5th please email, firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a special form for your parent/guardian to sign, then follow directions in #2 above
For more information on volunteering for Walden West Summer Camp email email@example.com or call Russel Krebs (Badger) 408-573-3055.