Summer Camp Volunteer Counselors
Walden West Summer Camp offers many great volunteer opportunities all summer long. These opportunities create lasting memories and prepare young people to be successful stewards of the future. Each volunteer position provides training and experience working with peers, group management, child safety, and more. Please read below for more information.
- Attend a summer volunteer meeting (multiple dates available)
- Be at least 16 years of age or recommended by a Walden West staff member
- Be motivated and have a positive, respectful, patient, and caring attitude
- Send in your completed Walden West Summer Volunteer Counselor Application and Supplemental Questions by April 16th, 2018
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 408-573-3081
- Schedule your summer volunteer counselor interview/orientation (details coming soon!)
- Complete Walden West Summer Volunteer Registration Packet and bring with you to your scheduled interview date (week of May 21)
- Each page must be fully completed and signed where indicated
- Medication and other additional forms are also due at this time (note some of these require a doctor/medical professional’s signature)
- If you will be 18 or older before August 10, 2018 and not attending high school in the fall, you must also show proof of negative TB. You can submit the TB Risk Assessment Form or other proof from your doctor’s office that you have negative test results from the past 60 days.
- Attend your scheduled counselor interview and orientation (Week of May 21)
- Bring your original copies of the completed application, registration packet and any additional forms.
- Please arrive on time for your scheduled interview/orientation; plan for about an hour
- If you will be 18 or older before August 10, 2018, be prepared to schedule your Live Scan fingerprinting appointment at this time. Summer counselor fingerprinting will only be available prior to the start of camp and on a limited schedule.
- If you will be 18 or older before August 10, 2018, you must complete the Live Scan fingerprinting at the SCCOE by June 5th.
Volunteers will receive their assigned week(s) and program(s) by email in early June
For more information on volunteering for Walden West Summer Camp email email@example.com.