Summer Camp Volunteer Opportunities
To qualify as a Summer Camp Volunteer, you MUST:
- Have previous involvement in any of our SUMMER programs as either a camper or summer counselor
- Be 15-23 years old or an LIT graduate
- Be positive, motivated, respectful, patient and caring
Volunteers from last summer and recent LIT graduates will receive an email with information about the upcoming summer in late April. If your email address has changed since last summer AND you meet the qualifications please:
Volunteers may work ONE week at any/all of the programs (for a maximum, total of three weeks):
|Day Camp (55 hours)
||Wild Things (40 hours)
||Core Crew (40 hours)
Summer Camp Volunteers:
- Sign up for an interview
You will receive an email with a link to sign up for an interview date and time
- Print and complete Summer Program Volunteer Packet
- Bring completed Summer Program Volunteer Packet to interview at Walden West
- Volunteers 18 and older* must:
- Immediately schedule a no cost Live Scan fingerprint/background check at the Santa Clara County Office of Education (call 408-453-4369)
- Plus, if you are NOT returning to high school, complete a TB Risk Assessment Form (signed by a physician, physician assistant, nurse or nurse practitioner)
*If turning 18 between June 1 and August 12, please contact us so you can print before summer begins. Call 408-573-3055
- At interview, let us know availability and which program(s) you want to work with.
Please, do NOT worry about scheduling vacation around volunteer dates. Walden West will work around your schedule.
- Receive volunteer dates via email the week of June 6th
Let us know during the week you are at camp if you want credit for the week. You will receive a form letter from us or you can bring a service form from your school. Service hours vary between programs.
For more information on volunteering at any Walden West Summer Program email email@example.com or call (408) 573-3055.