Summer Camp Volunteer Counselors
Walden West Summer Camp offers many great volunteer opportunities all summer long. Each volunteer position provides training and experience working with peers, group management, child safety, and more.
- Have previous involvement in any of our SUMMER programs as either a camper or summer counselor
- Be entering 10th grade - 23 years old
- Be motivated and have a positive, respectful, patient, and caring attitude
- Complete the Walden West Summer Volunteer Counselor Application and Supplemental Questions by April 16th, 2018.
- A link to schedule a summer volunteer counselor interview/orientation will be sent out to the email address provided mid-April.
Volunteers of all ages must:
- Complete Walden West Summer Volunteer Registration Packet and bring with you to your scheduled interview date (week of May 21)
Medication and other additional forms are also due at this time (note some of these require a doctor/medical professional’s signature)
- Attend your scheduled counselor interview and orientation (1 hour)
Bring your original copies of the completed application, registration packet and any additional forms.
Volunteers 18 or older before August 10, 2018 must:
- Clear a Live Scan fingerprint/background check at the Santa Clara County Office of Education; these will be scheduled at interviews for limited dates and times and must be completed prior to the start of summer.
- Plus, if you are NOT attending high school in the fall, you must complete a TB Risk Assessment Form (signed by a physician, physician assistant, nurse or nurse practitioner) or other proof from your doctor’s office that you have negative test results from the past 60 days.
Volunteers will receive their assigned week(s) and program(s) by email in early June.
For questions email: email@example.com or call (408) 453-3053